Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Sickly Man


Mick is a bedridden, sickly man this week. My mother suggested I take him to the doctor. I told my mother Mick has the cold… and I’m not his mother. My mother suggested a home remedy I could brew for him. I reminded my mother that I am still not Mick’s mother. My mother told me to give Mick a hug for her. I was forced to stress that not only am I not Mick’s mother, but I’m also not his wife. My mother said the least I could do was give him a glass of orange juice. I gave in.

Mick’s still delivering tepid little man-coughs from upstairs, so clearly the OJ didn’t do the trick.

Full credit for being a team player though, at lunch he informed me he was going to lie in bed for the rest of the day so as not to infect me. Brilliant move - listening to him struggle to breathe properly was terribly distracting.


Painefull Out

No comments:

Post a Comment