Tuesday, March 30, 2010

PDA Problem

I don’t have a major problem with Public Displays of Affection, but I think we all need to agree there is a time and a place. For example, if I walk through a park on a Summer’s day I have no one to blame but myself when I am assaulted by the visage of teens exchanging saliva. But I put it to you, that following a graphic rape scene during a screening of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at a cinema, the desire to stick one’s tongue down someone else’s throat is misguided. Mildly disturbing in fact.

Is it worse that I knew the offending PDA-prone couple?

Yes. Because it severely limited my ability to bitch about them straight after the movie – I had to wait a full five minutes until we parted ways.

Please do me a favour people. While you’re watching a violent, somewhat disturbing tale of the hunt for a serial killing rapist, please don’t lovingly stroke your partner’s knee. It’s not a good sign.

If you do this, then ask during the climactic finale who ‘Martin’ is (a good part of the world should already know who Martin is, having read the book, but the rest of you should know because by this point in the movie he’s been around for a while) then someone may slap you. It might be me.

You have been warned.

Painefull Out

No comments:

Post a Comment